Hakka Noodles is thin, flat wok tossed noodles which are easy are tossed with veggies and sauces on high flame to make this Indo Chinese delicacy. Serve it with Veg Manchurian or Paneer Chili and you are all set.
To cook these noodles, you have to simply toss them in boiling water. Cook them until soft, drain out the water and then toss them with your favorite veggies and sauces.
Vegetable Hakka noodles makes an awesome looking dish, where colorful vegetables are chopped long and fine. This really enhances the flavor and appearance of the noodles. These Hakka Noodles are great on their own or you can serve along with sweet and sour vegetables or Vegetable Manchurian.
To make incredibly tasty Hakka noodles stir fry, I would recommend using the Chings Hakka Noodles which is available at all Indian Grocery stores.
- 300g noodles (around 5 cups) (Chings Hakka)
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Chili Oil
- 8 garlic cloves mince
- 1 tbsp ginger crushed
- 3 green chilies chopped fine
- 1 small yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup green cabbage finely chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red peppers thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup French beans thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsps soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tbsp Schwan chili sauce or siracha sauce
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 cup green scallions chopped
- In a large pot bring 8 cups of water to boil.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and cook the noodles until soft.
- Pour the noodles into a large colander and drain out the water.
- Run cold water over it so the noodles don't overcook.
- Once all the water is drained out, spread the noodles in a large bowl.
- Pour 1tbsp soy sauce and 1 tsp oil so that the noodles don’t stick to each other. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Add onions, ginger, garlic and slit green chili and sauté for 2 minutes till it changes color.
- Add green beans, green peppers, carrots, and cabbage and Stir in high heat for 4-5 mins or until the veggies are partially cooked.
- Do not overcook the veggies as you want it to stay crunchy.
- Now Add white vinegar, soy sauce, chili sauce, and mix well.
- Add the cooked noodles and mix well using a pair of tongs.
- Cook on medium heat until the noodles are mixed well with the veggies and sauces.
- Turn the heat off and garnish with scallions.
- Serve the noodles piping hot.
- Enjoy with hot sauce.