This cucumber avocado Dill soup is pretty fantastic- Refreshing and flavorful. It’s super easy—cucumbers, dill, avocado, lime juice, Greek yoghurt and water. Avocado and Greek yoghurt brings out the creaminess and silken texture which is absolutely delicious.
This soup is best served hot with a slice of toasted buttery bread.
- 2 cup cucumber grated
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 pods of garlic minced
- 2 tbsps. lemon rind chopped fine
- 1/2 jalapeno chopped fine
- 2 tbsps. parsley chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1/2 Avocado
- 2 tbsps. Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium pot, add 1/2 tsp butter.
- Add the onion, chopped garlic and jalapeno and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the cucumber, parsley, dill and lemon rind.
- Cook until the cucumber gets tender.
- Once done, cool it for 10 minutes.
- Combine the above cucumber in the blender along with avocado and Greek yoghurt.
- Add water or vegetable broth to blend it smooth.
- Add little bit more water if you want the soup to be in a thinner consistency.
- Pour it into the pot and simmer it for 5 minutes. Don’t overheat it.
- Stir in some lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup with buttery toasts.
- Garnish the soup with 2 or 3 cucumber slices and chopped dill.