It’s a common dilemma: Do I eat healthy or do I eat tasty? Well, you can do both, with a Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quinoa bowl. It is a hearty, delicious meal with a good balance of proteins, carbs and vitamins.
The black beans and quinoa provide the protein and fiber. Sweet potatoes add healthy carbs and roasting it teases out the hidden flavors. Actually, the smoky flavor lends a kind of rustic touch to it. The Creamy Avocado with Cilantro and Lime dressing is the proverbial icing on the cake.
Ingredients for Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 sp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper.
Ingredients for Black Bean Quinoa Bowl
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
Ingredients for Creamy Avocado, Cilantro and Lime Dressing
- 1 Avocado
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Water
Directions for Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Microwave the sweet potatoes for 4 minutes.
- Once it is done, dice them into cubes.
- Heat avocado oil in a grill pan and toss the sweet potato cubes.
- Roast it till golden on all sides till crisp. Keep them aside.
Directions for Cilantro and Lime Red Quinoa
- Wash Red quinoa and keep it aside.
- In the instant pot, add the red quinoa and 2 cups of water.
- Stir in 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp avocado oil.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 2 minutes.
- Let it cool down.
- Heat Avocado oil in a pan.
- Toss up the cooked red quinoa and black beans.
- Add cumin powder and stir for 2 mints
- Add kosher salt and black pepper and mix it well.
- Add chopped cilantro and stir in the lime juice.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Keep it aside.
Directions for Creamy Avocado, Cilantro and Lime Dressing
- Blend the above ingredients together into a smooth paste.
- Drizzle over the vegetables.
- In a serving bowl, arrange the stir fry black bean, red quinoa as a base.
- Layer the roasted sweet potatoes on top.
- Drizzle this colorful bowl with Creamy Avocado, Cilantro and Lime Dressing.