Known as the ‘lord of diseases’, Ayurveda terms fever as the most painful of all diseases as it destroys the ‘ojas’ - life sap and distresses the body and mind.
8 Types of Fever: Vata, Pitta, Kapha, Vata/Pitta, Vata/Kapha, Pitta/Kapha, Tri dosha, and external causes.
What Causes It?
- Over exertion
- Intake of toxic substances
- Poor diet
- Sudden change of weather
- Feelings like grief, anger, passion.
- Complications related to child-birth
Remedies for Fevers
Sudarshan Churna: Created from a combination of 48 herbs, this Ayurvedic combination works on all fevers. It is recommended during the initial stages of fever.
Sitopaladi Churna: For fevers associated with respiratory ailments and flus, Sitopaladi is believed to be the best solution. It is suggested to take ½ teaspoon of Sitopaladi powder with warm water - 3 times a day for 8 weeks. After 3-4 days, the person may feel better.
Sinusitis develops due to infection or growth in the nasal polyps or swelling of the sinus linings.
What Causes It?
- Vata: Results in rough, short-mouthed size, aching pain in the sinus. Secretion of a frothy matter, increasing by night with chronic pain and thirst.
- Pitta: Lethargy, fever, and piercing pain are among symptoms. Fever begins with a considerable volume of hot yellow nasal secretions that rise during the night.
- Kapha: The sinuses are stiff, itchy, and a little painful. There is an overabundance of thick, shiny, white-colored pus discharges, which are ejected more frequently at night.
- Dual and Tri Dosha: Symptoms are more severe.
- Shlayaja: When foreign matter (dirt, bone, splinter, etc.) becomes fixed in the body and remains visible, it opens the skin and generates a sinus. Constant pain and the quick discharge of a heated, frothy liquid substance are symptoms.
Remedies for Sinus
Following therapy may help in providing relief.
- Wash the ulcer with an herbal concoction of dashmul - an antiseptic.
- As an antibiotic, sesame soil boiled with turmeric, katuka, bala, rock salt, myrrh, bilwa, and medicated oil, is used to cleanse the ulcer.
- The lesion is cleansed on a regular basis with a combination of triphla, amaltas, and milk.
- Finally, to facilitate healing, oil infused with neem, vidanga, chitrak, pippali, vacha, and mustard is administered.
What Causes It?
- Vata: The throat becomes dry, rough, shaky, and prickly.
- Pitta: Inability to speak due to a burning feeling and dryness of the palate and throat.
- Kapha: Your feels throat coated, and voice becomes slow, thick, and hindered.
- Tridosha: All three dosha signs are present.
Remedies for Hoarse Throat
- Alleviation Therapies: Ghee, sesame oil, lemon and lime juice, pippali, vasak, durba, nagkeshar, black salt, and amalaka served hot with dishes such as thick or thin gruel (barley, rice, or wheat, depending on the specific dosha).
- Colds/Rhinitis: Chitrak, haritaki and triphla.
- Aroma therapy with ghee, pippali, bala, kaychant, licorice, small cardamom seeds, and milk may also help.
*Please note: The information on this website is solely for educational purposes and should not be used as a substitute for medical advice. We do not claim to diagnose, treat or cure any diseases. Kindly consult an Ayurvedic expert or licensed health practitioner before following any remedies suggested here.
To book an appointment with our Ayurveda expert click here.